An underlined hyperlink denotes an affiliate link. To see what that means, click here.
If you click through an affiliate link and eventually make a purchase having been referred from my site, I may be compensated (whether monetarily or via store credit). This helps me maintain this blog! Purchasing through these links passes NO costs along to you whatsoever. Here's the official legal lingo:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
I never recommend products I don't truly use and love. For more information, click here.
Did you know? I assault the world weekly with my “external monologue” (which, coincidentally, is no different from my internal monologue) … and, of course, talk nutrition along with New York Times best-selling author Diane Sanfilippo of Balanced Bites! It all happens on the Balanced Bites Podcast.
Remember – If you’re enjoying these podcasts, please leave us a review in iTunes. Thanks!
Episode #69: Talking nutrient synergy with Dr. Chris Masterjohn!
UPCOMING EVENTS: The Balanced Bites Workshop with Diane & Liz!
Saturday, January 19, 2013 | Los Angeles, CA 9am-5pm at DogTown CrossFit Click here to register.
Sunday, January 20, 2013 | San Diego, CA 9am-5pm at CrossFit Elysium Click here to register.
NEW! Saturday, February 2, 2013 | Oceanside, NY (Long Island) 9am-5pm at O-Side CrossFit Click here to register.
Sunday, March 9, 2013 | Washington, DC 9am-5pm at CrossFit Metro Center Click here to register.
Opening chat: What do we mean by nutrient synergy?
- Meal construction before (vegan/vegetarian) and after (WAPF/Paleo)
- Vitamin B12 & how it works with other nutrients, benefits of eating all parts of an animal
- Liver, sacred foods, vitamin A toxicity & nutrient synergy
- Vitamin D toxicity & modern life: should we be worried?
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil vs. Fish Oil
- Enhancing immunity during flu season
Special Reports will feature in-depth coverage of the following critical concepts:
- The requirement for essential fatty acids is at least eight times lower than you’ve been told, and even modest excesses can be harmful.
- Crucifers — friend or foe?
- Your most potent weapon against heart disease may be a long-ignored and thoroughly misunderstood vitamin found in the foods in which you would least expect it!
- Iron — oxidant or antioxidant?
- Myths and truths about nutrient density and the critical importance of animal foods.
- The truth about beta-carotene as a source of vitamin A: the nefarious effects in ferrets of dangerous beta-carotene supplements, the virtues of virgin palm oil, and the low-down on liver.
Click here to support Chris’s work and to order his Special Reports!
Thanks for listening!
Liz & Diane